Re: WRT54G Support?

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 12:20:07AM -0600, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 February 2006 00:07, Karsten Merker
> <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de> wrote about 'Re: WRT54G Support?':
> > On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 02:05:36PM -0600, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > > On Tuesday 14 February 2006 08:16, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
> > > wrote
> > >
> > > about 'Re: WRT54G Support?':
> > >
> > > Mine doesn't, although I hear it's possible to open up the case and
> > > solder one to the board.  That's not my goal however.
> >
> > Interesting - is there publicly available documentation on how
> > to do that?
>
> I got the idea from
> http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Customizing#head-5db2ccdc178aa9e8e4f6228b17f2ce56f371b6fe ,
> but that may or my not apply to my particular model.

I guess we misunderstood each other in this case - I meant a connector to
the integrated USB host controller to e.g. plug in a USB stick
and access that from the router.

The above URL describes how to use a "USB mobile phone cable" (which
is usually a USB-serial adaptor) to access the serial console of a
(particular) router.

Regards,
Karsten
--