Re: Experimental MIPS 2.6 kernels - please test

* Thiemo Seufer <ths@networkno.de> [2006-02-08 18:58]:
> > > * Christian Engwer <christi@uni-hd.de> [2006-02-07 14:19]:
> > > What error message do you get?
> > It successfully loads the kernel into memory, but then receives an
> > exception.
> > This is the output I receive:
> > Zeroing memory at 0x8048d086, size = 0x39f9a
> > Starting ELF64 kernel
> > Exception: <vector=Normal>
> > PANIC: Unexpected exception
> This looks like the execution runs into a BUG() macro in the kernel
> before it can set up the basic exception handlers.
>
> (The guilty caller is the function loaded around the address 0x80460840,
> a look at the vmlinux binary with objdump, or even a look at System.map
> might tell more.)

Can you please try the latest kernel from my web site and paste the
new exception, so we can take a look with objdump.  (Or can you do it
on your vmlinux binary.)
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/