Re: Experimental MIPS 2.6 kernels - please test

onsdagen den 25 januari 2006 03.23 skrev Martin Michlmayr:

> I've produced some *experimental* 2.6.15 kernels for mips/mipsel and
> I'm looking for people to test them.  Note that these are still
> Issues I'm particularly interested in:
>  - Does framebuffer work on Indy?
>  - Does framebuffer work on O2?
>  - Is Cobalt 2.6 stable when you use disk and network at the same time
>    a lot?
>  - Do PCI cards work in the Cobalt Qube, e.g. USB PCI or SCSI?

I followed Your instructions and now my Cobalt Qube 2 runs 2.6.15:

kuben:/boot# uname -a
Linux kuben 2.6.15-1-r5k-cobalt #2 Fri Feb 3 02:40:43 UTC 2006 mips64
GNU/Linux

I would like to test some scsi cards and eventually connect a tape unit for
backups. I've got a couple of Adaptec's: AHA-2930 and AHA-2940. They
physically fit into the Qube, but there seems to be a catch:

The config-2.6.15-1-r5k-cobalt  shows:

#
# SCSI low-level drivers
#
# CONFIG_ISCSI_TCP is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_3W_XXXX_RAID is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_3W_9XXX is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_ACARD is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_AACRAID is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_AIC7XXX is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_AIC7XXX_OLD is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_AIC79XX is not set
# CONFIG_MEGARAID_MM is not set
# CONFIG_MEGARAID_LEGACY is not set
# CONFIG_MEGARAID_SAS is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_SATA is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_DMX3191D is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_FUTURE_DOMAIN is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_IPS is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_INITIO is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_INIA100 is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_SYM53C8XX_2 is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_IPR is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_QLOGIC_FC is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_QLOGIC_1280 is not set
CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2XXX=m
# CONFIG_SCSI_QLA21XX is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_QLA22XX is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2300 is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2322 is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_QLA6312 is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_QLA24XX is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_LPFC is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_DC395x is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_DC390T is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_DEBUG is not set

which means that there are no drivers for (my) scsi cards there exept for
QLA2XXX which is ???

I have other SCSI cards that migt fit into the Qube: Tekram, Sym53.. I coud've
tested, but the drivers??

Or am I getting it completely wrong?

Thank You for the great job You are doing.

--
AnSz