Re: [I386-uclibc-devel] Re: Embeddded Debian meetup @ Extremadura

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 03:02:40PM -0300, Daniel Ruoso wrote:

>> I would love to stand up a fully-working armel-uclibc port, or at least
>> get the essential and build-essential packages running.  I use
>> debootstrap, so lack of an installer wouldn't be a problem.
>
>The same case for me. But we're a little stuck in the toolchain, due to
>gcc(3-4), binutils(0.15-0.16), uclibc(ok, it's just changing too much)

Nobody forces you to keep up with the very latest uClibc for an initial
setup, right? IMO it is not fair to state that some library -- which
has a working stable release anyway -- currently is changing rather fast
*internally*.

Is there a branch for dpkg-cross in the tla archive of dpkg, btw?
It would certainly be easier to have that in order to move forward
wrt the infrastructure i'd say.

cheers,
Bernhard