Re: Is it possible to build a RaQ2 using PPP?

vizi0n (debian-mips) wrote:
> [...]

All of that is already available in the standard kernel, what's missing
in the installer is the userland support for PPPOE, and an automated
way to set it up.

> I've downloaded kernel-source-2.4.27 and
> kernel-patch-2.4.27 (-10.sarge1)
>
> I've got all the software needed for the build, I just wanna make sure that
> I'm doing this correctly because right now I'm using a 2.6 kernel on my
> RaQ2+ and it is buggy a bit. To apply the patches, I need to do them all
> manually?
>
> [root@zoidberg:/usr/src/linux]$
> /usr/src/kernel-patch-2.4.27-mips-2.4.27-10.sarge1.040815/debian/patches/00_linux-mips.dpatch
> -patch

Rather:
  apt-get source kernel-patch-2.4.27-mips
  cd kernel-patch-2.4.27-mips*
  (optional: Edit debian/rules to comment out all other subarches than
   r5k-cobalt, otherwise all supported mipsel kernels will get built)
  dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -B 2>&1 |tee ../makelog

This method uses the kernel config from configs/mipsel/r5k-cobalt.

Thiemo