Re: Is it possible to build a RaQ2 using PPP?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thiemo Seufer" <ths@networkno.de>

>I guess your Internet access works via PPPOE, this would mean you need
>a complete base installation before you can set up the PPPOE connection.
>
>The .debs needed for a base installation are the same as the ones
>included on the 100 MB "netinst" installer ISO. A while ago I wrote
>a script which creates a minimal partial mirror sufficient for a base
>installation, available from the d-i SVN:
>http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/d-i/trunk/scripts/testmirror?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

so basically I would need to run this script on my RaQ2 used to nfsroot,
and then use that machine as a source for APT during the installation on my
RaQ2+ with the content that it would've downloaded?

In principle yes. The script might be a bit outdated, though.

Just making sure, because when this thing goes, there's no more
smtp,pop3,http, etc etc :)

Better keep the old disk around unaltered, just in case. :-)

okay, but before doing all this I'd like to compile myself a kernel with PPPOE, Netfilter and all that. I've downloaded kernel-source-2.4.27 and kernel-patch-2.4.27 (-10.sarge1)

I've got all the software needed for the build, I just wanna make sure that I'm doing this correctly because right now I'm using a 2.6 kernel on my RaQ2+ and it is buggy a bit. To apply the patches, I need to do them all manually?

[root@zoidberg:/usr/src/linux]$ /usr/src/kernel-patch-2.4.27-mips-2.4.27-10.sarge1.040815/debian/patches/00_linux-mips.dpatch -patch

like that?