Re: problem installing debian sarge on SGI O2: arcboot

* Thomas Zenner <thomas_zenner@web.de> [2005-11-24 12:45]:
> Before -->chroot /target <-- bterm is still in the Path -->@ /usr/bin/bterm
> but after -->chroot/target <-- it can't find bterm again.
>
> I cant install arcboot (apt-get install arcboot) cause it wants to use bterm

I'm not sure what the problem with bterm might be.  However, let's see
if we can find a workaround.

Does /target/etc/arcboot.conf exist?  If so, go into the chroot
(chroot /target) and type:
    /usr/sbin/arcboot /dev/sda
Then you should be able to boot from disk.

> and so finally can't reboot.

You can also use the d-i boot image to boot into your Debian system on
disk.  Just use
    bootp(): append="single root=/dev/sd??"
And once you're in Debian, install arcboot.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/