Re: Please reenable GCJ on mips
Nathanael Nerode writes:
> This is no way to get a bug fixed. If this is seriously the level of
> attention to mips and mipsel, Debian support for them should be dropped.
Matthias Klose wrote:
>sorry, this attitude has nothing to do with release management, it's
>The problem is addressed, known to the right people.
Sure doesn't look like it; at the very least, there's a failure of openness in
the processes here. This really is no way to get a bug fixed. The failure
to report the bug upstream was what really got to me.
>Just ask if you cannot find some information.
* What's wrong with ld on mips/mipsel?
* What's the last time a gcj build was tested on mips/mipsel, what version of
ld was it tested with, and where are the results?
* Why isn't the problem reported upstream to binutils? I know it's not, since
* If it's Debian-specific, has it been tracked to a particular part of
Debian's configuration of binutils? If not, which mips porter is working on
And for pkg-java-maintainers:
* Why was kaffe deliberately broken on mips and mipsel?
* If this was being done with the intention of removing kaffe on those
architectures, why isn't there a bug against ftp.debian.org requesting the
removal of the obsolete binaries? For mipsel, at least, this is still
Nathanael Nerode <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This space intentionally left blank.