Compiling troubles

Hello,

This weekend I added a sweex USB card to my Cube2. Which by the way works
fine.
I attach a Logitech Camera from which only the sound is recognised as I
didn't install
de video driver yet.

I downloaded the driver and tried to compile it and that's where the
troubles start.
I get repeately the following errors.

Assembler : opcode is not supported : mips1 (mips1) ll
Assembler : opcode is not supported : mips1 (mips1) sc
Assembler : opcode is not supported : mips1 (mips1) sync

Somehow the code is compiled using the mips1 architecture ? The processor
in my Cube
should support MIPS IV and support for LL = load linked word, SC = store
conditional word
and SYNC = synchronise shared memory.

Can I compile somehow using the MIPS IV instruction set ?

Best regards,

Jacob Hooysma