Re: qube 1 ram?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin Bähr" <mbaehr@email.archlab.tuwien.ac.at>
To: <debian-mips@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2005 10:59 PM
Subject: qube 1 ram?

hi,

i am looking into turning my qube 1 into an actually usable machine,
by upgrading its ram to the max.

i found a few offers for 128MB ram SIMMs on ebay, but all of them only
offer to ship to the US, and they where more than i need (4 or 8, the
cube only takes 2)

that type of ram is getting pretty rare, you need 3.3v 72pins EDO SIMMs (DIMMs will work, but you will get only half the memory available on the module(s)) -- I've bought a set on eBay a few months back and they work pretty well (although they are DIMM and I can only use half of them)

does any of you either know of a source that will ship to austria,
or is anyone else interrested in a ram upgrade and maybe willing to get
a bunch of these from ebay, and then send 2 of them to me?

always ask the seller, even if they say they wont ship outbound, they often will because else they will be stuck with the merchandise :)

viz