Re: gclcvs_2.7.0-43

* Thiemo Seufer (ths@networkno.de) wrote:
> Camm Maguire wrote:
> > OK, I found a genuine problem which I've corrected in the latest
> > upload (which became apparent when mips and mipsel failed in exactly
> > the same placeO), and now we're still back at a mipsel pass and a mips
> > failure.  Would you mind veryifying that this is not due to some
> > physical problem on the mips buildd?  (Or perhaps indicate that I
> > might be granted an exception to the prohibition on casals for doing
> > by hand builds?  Is there any other developer machine for this
> > purpose?)
>
> It builds fine here. The buildlog message from r5k
>
>  Error: Caught fatal error [memory may be damaged]
>  Error signalled by RAISE-METATYPE.
>  Broken at SYSTEM::BREAK-LEVEL.  Type :H for Help.
>  PCL>>
>
> suggests some brokenness on that machine.

Not so much.  I tend to doubt it's a problem with the box.  It's running
a slightly older kernel (.25) and there were some kernel messages
regarding this:

saved_ansi_gcl: Forwarding exception at [<880d5920>] (881c34fc)
saved_ansi_gcl: Forwarding exception at [<880d5928>] (881c3508)

Those were the only kernel messages since boot though, and it's not like
this box is idle much. :)

It might be interesting to see what happens when trying to build it on
hawking, or maybe try a new kernel on r5k.

	Stephen