How to install additional kernel modules for O2?

I finally installed Debian on my O2 with help from Martin Michlmayr's site
and the boot image. So far everything is working smoothly.

I added a secondary network card and I want it to work. However, I have no
idea how. I do know that the card needs 3c59x module to work. It's:
0000:00:03.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905 100BaseTX
[Boomerang]
Too bad this module is not available by default. Modconf doesn't have it.
Thus I have no idea where to start. I know that it has to compiled...
probably. Can somebody push me in the right direction?

Additionally, I have few other stupid questions:
Looking at `ifconfig -a` I see this:
sit0      Link encap:IPv6-in-IPv4
Why is it there? I don't recall installing this.

Hard drive of this system is 2gig. I know it's rather old... hdparm reports
throughput of about 3.5 megs/sec that's something that IDE drive in my old
Pentium 200 was like. I thought SCSI drives of that era were faster?

And lastly, VNC server chews about 50-60% of CPU (mind you this is 180Mhz
R5). Is X-Windows way too taxing on this system? Or that's just VNC that
does that?

Thank you,

Oleg K