Indy install problem

This is killing me. I done a substantial amount of searching, however I haven't found what I need. Problem is as follows:

When booting the netboot image for any of Woody, Sarge or Sid, the Indy stops taking input over the serial console as soon as the image loads. Hitting return during the boot sequence doesn't insert blank lines, and once the installer starts I can't send any kind of input to it. It's an Indy 133MHz R4600, 64MB RAM, unknown SCSI HDD. Further information available upon request, just tell me how to get it. No usable OS on the Indy, no monitors available (yet), only serial access.

I love Debian, and I'm running (successfully) both the x86 and sparc ports. Now it's time for mips!

Thanks,
Jacob