Re: can't partition disk?

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 19:23:08 -0500, Jiann-Ming Su <sujiannming@gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anybody else run into this issue?

Yes,I get the same problem with the image  2005-02-05.. Also the problem
with the keyboard layout , if I run kbd on command line I get a
'Segmentation Fault'. I didn't paid atention to this because I suspect
that my O2 has a faulty DIMM.

The use of /dev/scsi/... solve the problem with partitioning.

Then I go to the next step, I have seen that mkfs.xfs is avaible and I try
to format the first parition as XFS and works well, but the mount
command can't read it ang gives a 'Invalid device' error.

If I format the partition as ext3, mount works. It will be nice to
provide XFS on the installer-image (only a suggestion).

The problem is that debian-installer doesn't see the disks  nor the
partitons, even if I mounted it manually on the command line.

I don't know how to  continue the installation process. ¿Any
workarround? ¿Or I have made some error?

(Sorry for my spelling/language, English is not my native language,
and sorry to Jiann, in my first attempt I send it this mail to him and
not to the list).

--
"If you don't know where you're going,
any road will take you there" - Lewis Carroll