Installed Debian, but it is not bootable

	Hi!

	I'm new to Debian-MIPS. I've recently acquired an old Indy system and I was
planning on getting both IRIX and Debian on it (one in each of its two HDDs).
Since IRIX was already installed in /dev/sda, I booted the Indy remotely as
specified in the Installation Manual, partitioned /dev/sdb using an SGI
disklabel, creating both swap and Linux partition, and installed the system
over the network.

	The problem arose in the final step, when trying to make the system bootable.
Dhvtool (Is that it's name? Is it an executable?) failed, and reported
failure without further explanation. I could go back to the menu but there
was no way I could finish that particular step. When I reboot the computer,
IRIX comes up as usual.

	Has anybody any clue as to what might be happening? Is what I'm trying to
achieve (a dual boot system, like in i386) possible, even if it requires some
manipulation at boot time?

	Thank you,

		Carlos

--
Committees have become so important nowadays that subcommittees have to
be appointed to do the work.