Re: SUCCESS!!! Re: Installing Debian on a Qube 1

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 05:30:40PM +1300, Jim Cheetham wrote:
> >debian is actually now booting!!!!
> Are you *sure* that the machine is booting?

yes.

> The previous state, using
> Martin's tarball without the new kernel image, was to output "Booting
> Debian" on the LCD and then do nothing ...

right, with martins last kernel image now i see a bunch more booting
messages after that, and i have paneld comung up (as evidenced by its
message and the fact that it allows me to shutdown or reboot the
machine.

> Are you seeing new messages output into your syslog?

yes. i checked the date and made sure they are new.

> I have to pull the disk out of the Qube and remount it on another PC
> (much rebooting) to see anything,

same here to get to the syslog and all that.

i now extended the colo script to start paneld with info about the
ipaddress:
MESSAGE="eth0 "`ifconfig eth0 | grep "inet addr" | cut -f 2 -d":" | cut -f 1 -d" "`
(i tested that this works on another debian system)

the network does not come up.

greetings, martin.
--
              - Pike - Caudium - sTeam - psycMUVE - LPC -
     Pike Camp, October 13 - 19, 2004, Unperfekthaus, Essen, Germany