Re: question regarding cobalt raq2 nic's

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004, vizi0n (debian-mips) wrote:

> hi everyone!
>
> i had a quick question regarding my cobalt raq2+ (the one with 2 nic and a scsi port).
>
> for no apparrent reason once in a while, one of the nic gets "overloaded" if i can say so (most of the time eth0, which is my lan), by this i mean that the data doesn't go through it anymore and doing a ifdown eth0 ifup eth0 does fix the problem. did anyone ever had that problem before? i would be really grateful, since this box is now my router and i often have to connect to it and reload eth0.
>
> i am wondering if this problem is mips specific (drivers problem?) or if it is on all platforms.

I use a RaQ2+ as a router, and I use eth1 as the Internet port, and it
goes down but not often, maybe twice since I put it up, probably 3 months.
eth0 keeps working an that is the Intranet, so it's not much of a problem
to go in and restart eth1

When I read your message I thought it was strange the you had trouble with
eth0 and I eth1.

gotta love those RaQs

Gerald
--
http://frontstreetnetworks.com | http://raqware.com
  Front Street Networks LLC, 229 Front Street, Ste.#C