Re: sarge raq2 cluster

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin Michlmayr" <tbm@cyrius.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 6:14 PM

* vizi0n (debian-mips) <debian-mips@vizi0n.com> [2004-10-12 09:42]:
I have been searching around a bit for info to find out if making a
cluster of 2 cobalt raq2's would be possible using debian sarge but
unfortunately, no answer :|

could anyone point me towards a good source of information, as i am
a bit newbie when it gets to clusters and nodes and all that.

We're mostly interested in MIPS and not clusters so I'm not sure if
anyone will be able to help you here.  It might be better to try some
cluster forum; the software should generally work on MIPS unless it's
very unportable.  From what I've heard, openmosix might be an option,
but I don't know anything about it myself.  In any case, a single
machine with a current Intel or AMD CPU will be faster than a cluster
of two RaQs.

Okay, I thought here would be a good place to ask since I wanted to do it with MIPS computers. And I know that any computer right now is faster than my 2 old RaQ2's but it's just for the fun of it :) I could do it all with my P3 but I love my RaQ2's :)

Thanks for the openmosix tip, I'll have a look

viz