Re: Installing Debian on a Qube 1 [SCANNED]

On 9/19/04 11:02 AM, "Christoph Pfisterer" wrote:

>>> I used the Cobalt CD to restore the original OS.
>>
>> Out of interest, how does that work?  Does it just put some standard
>> intallation on the disk without any user interaction?
>
> Almost. You boot a PC from the CD, turning it into a DHCP and NFS
> server.

It would be nice if we could get an ISO that we could burn and do such an
install with the Debian MIPS. There is a port of Debian from a web site
called BluePanel.Org that has a CD based installer for the X86 based RaQ's
that installs Debian as well as their GUI control panel. I wonder how much
effort/trouble it would be to build a similar beast for the Debian Mips/RaQ
and RAq2 and Qubes?

BTW Martin, we finally got our RaQ1-2's rolling with the MIPS OS, they run
quick and no a peep out of them. We use them for DNS and use Webmin as a GUI
for some tasks. They seem to run much better with 128 meg of ram as opposed
to 64, just my 2¢.
--
David Thurman
The Web Presence Group