Re: SGI Indy possible buildd

Erich Schubert wrote:
> Hi,
> We have an SGI Indy (R4000SC V3.0  FPU V0.0, 96 MB RAM, 500 MB disc
> free, MHz unkown, 50 Bogomips) located at the university of munich.

That's a 100 MHz Indy, the slowest model.

> The machine is currently unused, we'd like to set it up as buildd to
> help keeping the mips queue down.
> Is there need for it, and what do we need to install & do?

I think the biggest problem (besides its slowness) is the disk space
available. E.g. a XFree86 build needs 4.5 GB (including the build
environment, but limited to the required packages). sbuild tends to
grow its environment over time. The sid chroot which I used for sbuild
has now 1.5 GB.

Thiemo