Re: colo_1.13-1_mipsel

On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 01:30:00PM -0400, Gerald Waugh wrote:

> I didn't see where one would use the 'on' 'off' 'serial' commands.

"serial on" is required when booting a kernel that needs serial console
on a fresh CoLo install. A fresh install doesn't use the serial port so
a way was needed to force it on if the kernel is configured to use it.
There is a much tidier way to deal with this which should be in the next
version of CoLo.

> Still trying to get the Qube with no serial port to boot :(

Have you got an install that boots on the RaQ without outputting any
serial characters at all yet ?

P.