Re: R10000 / R5000 and Debian

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 05:52:23PM +0200, Pawel Tecza wrote:
> OK, I know that there are problems with Debian support for O2,
> but I don't need *official* support. I want to install Debian
> on my box right now and I know that is possible, because here
> there are happy O2 users with running Debian. For example,
> Martin Michlmayr is one of them (http://lists.debian.org/debian-mips/2004/08/msg00166.html).

Yes, but not installed from official images... not even from
officially-distributed test images. There are a number of ways to
manually install Debian (or almost any *nix for that matter) without
using an installer application. Martin indicated his willingness to
provide a link to new installer images supporting this platform once
he gets the chance to work out a few remaining bugs. That was 5 days
ago and, while I might not have been paying sufficient attention, I
don't believe he has written back saying they were ready to be
tested yet.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);