Re: Raq2 Sarge Install Disk Errors

Hi David,

your problem seems to be strange....

On other hardware-platform like a SAT-Receiver (Hyundai HS-830HCI) there is a problem with some Manufacturers of Harddrives because of the level which is used for DMA-Transfer. The receiver doesnt work properly with some drives if they are in UDMA-133 Mode.
The receiver did use a lower DMA-Level like the Cobalt RAQ/Qube.

Some drives, like the ones from Samsung, could be reconfigured to use UDMA 100,66 or 33

This did help sometimes on the Hyundai.

The problem with the partitions created on a PC when using it with a Cobalt-Computer could be resulted in using a different translation-scheme (Heads, Cylinder, Sectors) for formating the drive (like CHS or LBA).

The AUTO-Function in your PC may not give you the same result as the detection in the RAQ.

My drives only did hang/freeze if they are limited, by Jumper, to 32GB.

Dont set they to cable-select ....

AND

Whats the Name of the Manufacturer and the Modell-Nuber/Name of your Drives?
(I did only find data about the size of your drives).

Bye
Guido.