init justs reboots the system out of the blue

Hi,

I have a very strange problem with my mipsel system. I boot via
network and nfs-root, activate NBD devices and then

cd /mnt
exec chroot . /sbin/init

The system boots up till the login prompt and everything seems
fine. But after a while (if I login or not) I get:

| Broadcast message from root (Sat Aug  7 07:01:27 2004):
|
| The system is going down for system halt NOW!

and the system goes down the drain.

Can anyone shed some light on whats wrong or give me a hint on where
to look?

The kernel is a 2.4.26 mips-cvs kernel that I used before on the
system with success.

MfG
        Goswin