Re: Re: Installing Debian sarge (beta4) on Cobalt

* El Bailador <pepillo@gmx.de> [2004-07-18 22:42]:
> I found the first terminal screen scrambled ("choose language"
> etc.), but moving the cursor up and down makes the options readable.
> The following screens are fine.

Strange, I haven't seen this.  Do you have a screenshot?  Does this
happen all the time?

> After that I continued installation with "Install base system".  But
> the mount points are not recognized, the partitioner starts up and
> just offers the same procedure as already known.

Okay, try this then: format the partitions by hand but do not mount
them.  Then go to the partitioning tool, and assign mount points to
those partitions but tell the tool not to format the partition.
(Theer should be something like "Use existing partition or so").
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com