Re: VINO support in kernel

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 02:17:43PM +0100, Fred Barnes wrote:
[snip]
> Compiled vgrabbj (0.9.6) from sources, with the patch (applied cleanly),
> and it sort of works, but doesn't quite.  I get a black image out, though.

Does it mean that image is totaly black, or there is something very dark
on it? (try adjust brightness or aim IndyCam against light bulb). It is
possible that you're hitting "brightness setting bug" [*] - IndyCam seems to
ignore value written to brightness register.

> For 3 runs of vgrabbj, this came out in the kernel log:  (first):
>
>     VINO: scaling 0, 0, 640, 480 / 1 - 640
>     XXX 2, 1
>     VINO: intr status 0004
>     VINO: chnl A clear EOD
>     VINO: intr status 0002
>     VINO: chnl A clear EOD

[*] It means that DMA completed and some data were transfered.

[snip]

Regards,
	ladis