Cobalt Kernel

I have finally got Debian/sarge running on my Cobalt 2.

I am curious, however, about the kernel that it comes with
(2.4.25-r5k-cobalt).  I noticed in /boot there's a patches-2.4.25-r5k-cobalt
file, but it's only 6 bytes and appears to just contain "0mips".

Is this kernel just the linux-mips.org kernel with the kernel patchees from
http://www.colonel-panic.org/cobalt-mips/ , or is it something else?

Just curious because it seems to work great, however I had some issues with
2.4.26 from linux-mips.org and the colonel-panic patches, so I was just
curious if I'm missing something.

Thanks!
-Dustin