Re: buildds vs. developer accounts

On Sun, Mar 28, 2004 at 08:15:46PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Florian Lohoff wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> > i am getting repeated requests for accounts on mips/mipsel machines.
> >
> > As for mipsel both machines (remake & repeat) say in their motd to use
> > the other machine.
>
> Clever :)
>
> This will, hopefully, solved by vaughan and williams once they run
> sufficiently.  It's a looong story..
>
> > As for mips this is easy - I do have another machine (reset.rfc822.org)
> > which is up and running so we do not need to disturb the mips buildds.
> >
> > I'd like to discuss the policy on where i should create such accounts.
>
> Your former policy to create accounts on demand for porters was fine.
> Any reason to not continue this for reset?  It's better when the porter
> is a DD but if it is a known mips guy that was fine as well.

We should definitly - I could also attach more disks to reset. It
currently has

reset:~# df
/dev/sda2              1942100    498844   1344600  28% /
/dev/sdb1              4374312    469220   3682888  12% /scratch

I guess someone should set up some build-roots for interested partys.
Also we could migrate all accounts from resume and reconfig.

As for mipsel we should decide what to do - A clear policy would make it
easier to quickly setup accounts. Also we should migrate them all to a
single machine.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo@rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134