Re: 97 packages Building by rmurray-repeat

stappers@stappers.nl (Geert Stappers) writes:

> On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 06:44:09AM +0100, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 10:54:00PM +0100, Geert Stappers wrote:
> >
> > > Meanwhile I know[1] that building means scheduled plus building.
> > > And that it can take sixteen days before a package is build.

Building means some buildd got told to build it, which can be one in a
set. This should relay be set to a reasonably small number, like
_1_.  Some buildds request 10 packages in a set. Larger sets are
insane and hopefully noone is doing that.

There is no log of when a build actually starts unless you track down
what packages (taken at the same time) were build before it in the
buildd logs. The time between taking and building should not be large
unless you happen to get qt-x11-free or galeon taken in the same
set. But even they don't build 16 days.

After the build there is a buildd log present but until the admin
signs the package it remains in state building. (multibuild will have
a failed or success state there).

> > Sixteen days!?!
> > For a 30 min build?
> > That's extraordinary...
>
> Mmm, I was happy with "expect 16 day for a build"  :-)
> and yes, the scary part is that a failed build
> could mean an other two weeks delay for entering testing.

And again conglomerate which had problems getting the buildds
attention before. Maybe Ryan doesn't like you?

> > --
> > Ciao...              //
> >       Ingo         \X/
>

> Geert Stappers

How much time between build finished and state change to
uploading/installed? Thats the time the admin "wasted" being busy or
lazy. If its more than 5 days that could indicate some problem.

MfG
        Goswin