Re: mipsel in debian-installer?

On Wed, 2004-03-17 17:42:09 +0100, Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
wrote in message <[🔎] 20040317164209.GD6364@rembrandt.csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de>:
> > I'm using my new (input api / serio) lk[24]01 keyboard driver each day
> > on my Athlon. Works great and doesn't have keymap problems since it can
> > now just use i386/PC keyboard layout (as all new keyboard drivers do).
>
> It's not a kernel problem, the installer insists in successfully loading
> a keymap, even if there's only the in-kernel one available.

With Input API, that comes for free :)

> > Though, dz.c possibly needs to be updated to provide it's own serio
> > interface or you need to use "inputattach" (with a small patch to make
> > the new kbd known) to attach the keyboard after boot-up.
>
> Switching the installer in late beta to a completely untested
> (on mipsel) 2.6 kernel is not an option, IMHO.

I bet that should work with 2.4.x, too. It's only about either patching
dz.c or to add inputattach (a quite small program btw.) to the
installer. Even a stripped down version only supporting the basic
keyboards (maybe it's useful for other machines, too) would do.

MfG, JBG