Re: Indy or Alpha the "easier" platform? Gnome?

Thiemo Seufer said:

> No Indy has a floppy. :-)

Not entirely true.  A couple of years ago, I had some success with putting
a SCSI floppy for a DEC VAXstation/DECstation on an Indy.  (It was just a
commodity PC floppy with a SCSI interface piggy-backed onto it, but kind
of useful and odd to find!)

But, it's not an interesting thing to do; you can more easily mount one
via nfs (once you've got your Indy up, of course.  No help, I know!)

Phil Mendelsohn

Dept. of Mathematics
c/o 342 Machray Hall
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada  R3T 2N2
Office:  204-474-6470, 446 Machray Hall.
http://www.rephil.org/   phil at rephil dot org