Re: newbee question prehaps...

On 22/01/2004, at 10:04 PM, xavier grave wrote:

Hello,

I've just get an Indy station with a r5000 proc...
I've tryed to boot it but with no success.
I have tryed the tftpboot + dhcp solution but after downloading the kernel the station just seems to hang.

There are three video cards that were shipped with indys. Two of them work with Linux, the other displays the symptoms you mention. I would guess you're out of luck for now, but there is work in progress to support this card, but afaik it isn't ready yet.

See this thread for more details -> http://lists.debian.org/debian-mips/2003/debian-mips-200308/ msg00008.html (I have access to all three types of cards)

Then I setenv console d and when I try to boot now I don't have anything on my serial console neither the graphical one... So I wonder how I can get back the graphical console and try to do my installation...

Can you get back into the graphical bootup at all? There should be a reset option for the console. If not, try guessing setting for the serial port and try to get back in to there :)

Regards.
--
Alex Dawson                           Systems & Network Administrator

The following line brought to you by the ESOS Act 2000, section 107:
"CRICOS Provider Code: 00126G"