Re: Debian MIPS port

Hi Claus,
On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 09:06:47AM +0200, Claus Høyer wrote:
> I didn't expect anything newer than 3.0, what I mean is that the
> Debian/MIPS port has not been around for a long time, and I wonder if
> there seems to be sufficient commitment to/interest in this architecture
> that it will continue to be supported well into the future?
Well, we certainly plan to release with sarge again. In fact, from my
point of view unstable is in a far better shape than woody. Just have a
look at the toolchain's changelogs. Helping hands are always welcome.

> With regards to my question regarding which MIPS ISA was supported,
> since the Debian/MIPS port is actually running on the MIPS ISA I R3000A
> (in a DECstation 5000/240), it appears to be in fine shape for my purpose.
Sure. Just make sure your kernel properly emulates ll/sc  since this is
used by glibc (and isn't in ISA I) otherwise you'll see illegal
instructions right from the beginning.
Cheers,
 -- Guido