Re: Still Having Problems booting Linux on an Indy

Stuart,

I don't have an answer to your PROM question for you, but I can tell you
that I had no problem installing Debian 3.0r1 on my Indy R4600 and the
version command gives me the exact same output as yours.

As for sash, it lives on the volume header of any disk you have IRIX
stalled on. If you go into the command monitor and type "ls", you should
see something like:

  >> ls
  scsi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partions(8)/:
  sgilabel ide sash

On an HD with debian installed, the list of files is different (usually
"unix" and "arcboot")

You can use dvhtool from a Debian installation to copy files to/from the
volume header. However, since you don't have Debian installed, this
leads to a chicken-and-egg problem. Maybe dvhtool is available for IRIX
also (I don't know jack about IRIX)

Chris