Re: GDB problems

Chris Plummer wrote:

There's definitely a lot of global data and a few large stuctures,
including some arrays. The largest is a struct in the .bss section which
is about 170k and includes, among other things, a 3000 element array of
4-word structs.

Can you clarify if this is only a problem with arrays or structs also
(and does that include arrays embedded in a struct). Also, how big is
too big?

well, i saw similiar things when i use really big array(~1GB?i can't remember exact number,may look it up given time),which can't fit in normal virtual address space
for data segments)

Can you also explain what "can't be satisfied" means. Is this mememory
related? I have a 192mb RAM + 256mb swap in this Indy. Is there anything
I can do to work around this problem, other than making some of the
arrays/structs smaller.

no,it should be virtual address space related.

I should also add that gdb doesn't have a problem with this app on other
platforms (linux-arm, linux-ppc, linux-x86), although none of these
other platforms is running Debian.

Chris