Re: can't upgrade from stable to testing/unstable (Bus error)

Davyd,

> > No,  because there is no 2.4.22 package in woody. The newest kernel in
> > woody is 2.4.19.
> > I wanted to upgrade my kernel after installing debian testing.
>
> This is 2.4.22-rc2 (which was the last time I compiled) for both r4k and
> r5k.
> http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/old/projects/johnson/
>
> Using one of these should allow you to move to testing.

Thank you very much! I'll give it a try.
Unfortunately I won't be able to do so before sunday evening.. :-/

> You can cross compile your own kernels on i386 easily enough, email me
> if you want details, because I'll have to sit down and work out how to
> make it work with gcc-3.3.

Thanks, but I'd like to see my Indy compiling it's own kernel.

I'll tell you if it worked on sunday.

Bye,
  Olaf

--
GMX Weihnachts-Special: Seychellen-Traumreise zu gewinnen!

Rentier entlaufen. Finden Sie Rudolph! Als Belohnung winken
tolle Preise. http://www.gmx.net/de/cgi/specialmail/