SGI serial console troubles

I have an SGI Indigo2 with Irix on it, and I would
like to boot linux. As intructed by a previous thread,
I opened up the PROM console and typed setenv console
d1. Next, I typed bootp(): Although the kernel image
loaded, apparently the serial port settings were
inccorect.

Now my SGI has a blank screen until Irix boots. This
doesn't help me, since I don't have the password.

How can I cofigure the serial port settings so that I
can get into the PROM of the SGI, and make it net boot?