Re: [questions] Debian mips testing mirror size and build server(s)

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 02:20:15PM +0200, Vladimir Shahov wrote:
[...]
> Some questions:
> 1) how much space is needed for full (binary + source) Debian Testing
> Mips-arch mirror? How many  rsync traffic is in mips testing daily?
[...]

I can highly suggest the apt-proxy package. It is a cacheing Debian
package download proxy and is highly configurable. I run an
apt-proxy server both at home and at work to reduce bandwidth
utilization and increase installation speed. It downloads any
requested package and then holds onto it for a configurable length
of time in case other machines request the same package. I have some
i386 workstations/laptops and build/development servers for mips,
mipsel, alpha, m68k, sparc, hppa and powerpc. All run sid (unstable)
and my proxy has about 2.5GB worth of files right now with roughly a
one-month retention. The benefit over traditional mirroring is that
you only use disk space and bandwidth for the packages being
requested regularly on your network.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);