Re: [questions] Debian mips testing mirror size and build server(s)

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 01:58:38PM +0000, The Fungi wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 02:20:15PM +0200, Vladimir Shahov wrote:
> [...]
> > Some questions:
> > 1) how much space is needed for full (binary + source) Debian Testing
> > Mips-arch mirror? How many  rsync traffic is in mips testing daily?
> [...]
>
> I can highly suggest the apt-proxy package. It is a cacheing Debian
> package download proxy and is highly configurable. I run an
> apt-proxy server both at home and at work to reduce bandwidth
> utilization and increase installation speed. It downloads any
> requested package and then holds onto it for a configurable length
> of time in case other machines request the same package. I have some
> i386 workstations/laptops and build/development servers for mips,
> mipsel, alpha, m68k, sparc, hppa and powerpc. All run sid (unstable)
> and my proxy has about 2.5GB worth of files right now with roughly a
> one-month retention. The benefit over traditional mirroring is that
> you only use disk space and bandwidth for the packages being
> requested regularly on your network.
Hm, sound great.

It may be very useful. Only problem is high daily internet bandwidth
utilization. Night is perfect for all kinds of download.
Nighly sync's is more effective for daytime usage.

--
Vladimir 'mend0za' Shahov, icq 78193930