Re: Is there Origin 2000 Support?

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 02:03:06PM -0700, Wolftales wrote:
> I have an Origin 2000 with R10k processors and was interested in trying
> to install debian on it.  I saw a couple of threads from debian-mips
> list from last year. The answer seemed to be no at that time.  Has there
> been any updates since then?  Is there an experimental image that I can
> run?  Or a process for trying to install on the mips IP27 based
> platform?
We don't have access to an Origin so we can't support it in the
installer out of the box but it should work in principle. That means:
you need to get a working kernel and attach debian bootfloppie's ramdisk
to it. You should then be able to install over the network.
Alternatively you can use a minimal nfs-root to bootstrap, which might
be easier.
 -- Guido