Re: Unable to tftp to Indy

On Friday 10 October 2003 18:03, Cameron Mac Millan wrote:
> Hi folks,

Moin,

> Apologies if I'm asking a common question, but I have googled myself
> stupid on this and can't find any documentation that directly addresses
> what I'm seeing happen here - at least, not in a way that makes sense to
> me.

I just installed my first INDY with Linux, so I can remember very good.

> booting Indys.  Nada.  Same error message:
> 	>> bootp()/tftproot/tftpboot.img

Are you sure that you have to give the path to the image? I just typed in the
file
bootp()tftpboot.img
This files is in /boot/, what is my default for the tftp server (debian i386)

> 	No server for /tftproot/tftpboot.img.
> 	Your netaddr environment variable may be set incorrectly, or
> 	the net may be too busy for a connection to be made.
> 	Unable to execute bootp()/tftproot/tftpboot.img

Than try some more things:

at the INDY:
 unsetenv netaddr

at the DHCP server maschine:
echo 2048 32767 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range
(have a look to the MIPS-FAQ).

I found a very good installation instruction in the web
http://www.pl-forum.de/berichte/indy-debian.html
It is in german, but all commands are in a different color, so it's easy to
understand (I hope so).

CU
--
|Michael Renner      E-mail: michael.renner@gmx.de  |
|D-72072 Tuebingen   Germany        ICQ: #112280325 |