Re: Unable to tftp to Indy

I actually feel really dumb: it appears I've fallen prey to the 'my car
never made the noise for the mechanic' syndrome.  But there are new
problems! :)

> I unset netaddr.

For some unknown reason, this actually appeared to finally make it work
this time.  Why it didn't on previous attempts, I din't know - but this
time, I guess it *really* meant it.

> One other thing you need to be aware of. Your HDDs are going to need an
> SGI disklabel on them before you can fdisk them appropriately. Newer
> versions of fdisk and parted can do this, however I seem to recall the
> version in tftpboot.img is not new enough. There is also an IRIX tool to
> mark disks with the SGI disklabel, but I forget it's name.

Thanks for the heads-up on that; I'll be sure to drag a newer version
over.  Using Irix isn't an option here because, well, I can't afford it
- and in any event, it seems pointless to buy an OS for a platform that
SGI has obsoleted.  But that's just my $0.02.

Anyway, I'm past the no-tftp stage, but am getting tracebacks and a halt
in the boot process relating to ip22-int.c for indy_buserror_irq (the
plain-English error being, "Got a bus error IRQ, shouldn't happen yet").
Again, this is happening on both machines.

Thanks to everyone for the help.  I really appreciate it.

- Cameron.