Install Indy R4600 100Mhz IP22

 Hi,
 I am trying to install Debian/Mips on an Sgi Indy, R4600 100MHZ IP22
 machine. I did see that there are some known problems with perl, and
 R4600 V1.7 (how does one know if they have an R4600 V1.7?).

 Anywyas, I have successfully installed Debian on an R4000SC, and R4600
 before, and they are working great as nameservers (the R4600 works
 perfectly and has had an uptime for over 1 year).

 Here is my problem with my current machine.
 When I bootp()tftpboot.img, everything loads fine. I can see the kernel
 messages come up as usual, and I even get to the fist screen of the
 install which is titled "Reloase Notes". However, I try to press
 "enter" to Continue, and nothign happens. It seems as if the install
 has frozen.

 Does anyone know how I can get more debuggin info, or has anyone had
 this problem and know how to resolve it?

 Here is the "hinv" from the Command Monitor:

                   System: IP22
                Processor: 100 Mhz R4600, with FPU
     Primary I-cache size: 16 Kbytes
     Primary D-cache size: 16 Kbytes
              Memory size: 64 Mbytes
                 Graphics: Indy 8-bit
                SCSI Disk: scsi(0)disk(1)
                    Audio: Iris Audio Processor: version A2 revision 4.1.0

 Any help is greatly appreciated.