Re: -> Parallel Port Support on SGI Indy?

Ladislav Michl wrote:
On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 11:22:03AM +0200, Stefan Deling wrote:

Hi there!
I?m new to this list. I?ve been using Linux now for several years. A week ago a friend gave me an Indy Workstation and I installed Debian on it. What I now want to know is if there is support for the Parallel Port on the Indy? What about the ISDN chip?

Vincent Stehle did some work on parport. I don't know driver current
status, so you're at your own (or you can sponsor someone :))
http://vincent.stehle.free.fr/sgi/parport.php3

I was told there was some attempts to write ISDN driver, but it never
went into kernel source. Check debian-mips and linux-mips archives.

	ladis

hi !
Thanks... I downloaded his stuff and failed...
I wasn´t able to apply his patches against a vanilla kernel from ftp.kernel.org. Any Ideas what i might have done wrong?
i just did a
patch -p0 < patch-linux-vs-...
and then
patch -p0 < patch-linux-vs-parport...