Re: gcc 3.3 compiler regression in ffcall code

Will Newton wrote:

> A package I maintain, clisp, contains the code for ffcall, a lib like libffi
> that allows foreign function calls from lisp to C and back.
>
> It last built on May 12. The most recent build attempt, on Jun 8, failed.
> The code has not changed appreciably in this time, only minor fixes.
>
> Are there any known changes to mips calling conventions with gcc 3.3?

No, the C ABI hasn't changed.

> Also, if any mipsel guru could help me understand what is required to make me
> understand what is needed to make this code work on that platform, I would be
> very grateful.

The buildlog says:

make[2]: Entering directory /build/buildd/clisp-2.30/debian/build/avcall'
./minitests > minitests.out
uniq -u < minitests.out > minitests.output.mips-pc-linux-gnu
test '!' -s minitests.output.mips-pc-linux-gnu
make[2]: *** [check] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory /build/buildd/clisp-2.30/debian/build/avcall'
make[1]: *** [avcall.h] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory /build/buildd/clisp-2.30/debian/build'
make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2

which isn't particulary enlightening. What is minitests supposed to output?

Thiemo