gcc 3.3 compiler regression in ffcall code

A package I maintain, clisp, contains the code for ffcall, a lib like libffi
that allows foreign function calls from lisp to C and back.

It last built on May 12. The most recent build attempt, on Jun 8, failed.
The code has not changed appreciably in this time, only minor fixes.

Are there any known changes to mips calling conventions with gcc 3.3?

Also, if any mipsel guru could help me understand what is required to make me
understand what is needed to make this code work on that platform, I would be
very grateful.

Thanks,