Re: more kernel troubles

On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 06:15:38AM -0500, reimannj@aboleo.net wrote:

> Ok, I've finally found a laptop with a working serial port and have
> been able to try building a kernel on my own.  Unfortunately, the
> kernel I've built doesn't seem to be bootable by the cobalt.  It makes
> it through the two "Decompressing" stages, and stops cold in its
> tracks.  I have built the kernel to be fairly small, with the
> compressed size being 569,344 bytes, and the uncompressed kernel being
> 1,552,384 bytes.

This should work as long as the size is the problem. It is btw helpful
to strip the kernel image before gzipping it.

Your kernel configuration is missing console support, so there is no
way you could get any output from the kernel:

# CONFIG_SERIAL is not set

You need to enable CONFIG_SERIAL and CONFIG_SERIAL_CONSOLE.

HTH,
Karsten
--
#include <standard_disclaimer>