Re: Cobalt Qube 2 kernel?

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 12:58:41AM -0700, Greg Lindahl wrote:

> > > Can anyone provide me with pointers to a working Cobalt Qube 2 kernel
> > > source and binutils combination?
> >
> > I cannot speak for a Qube2, but the kernel for my RaQ was built using
> > the normal Debian native toolchain.
>
> I wish you would have answered my second question of "what kernel",
> because the current CVS kernel does not build with the current
> unstable Debian native toolchain. The fixes are not trivial; I am
> getting moderately good with mips binutils due to some other
> projects...

To my knowledge the current binutils in unstable are plain broken on mips. I
have built my kernels with the toolchain in woody. To the question "what
kernel" - this is hard to answer... It is a hacked-up version (CVS plus
a bunch of Cobalt patches floating around) from sometime september or
october last year, which just worked for me, so I did not change a running
system ;-)

> Anyone? I have alternate cross-toolchain sources which I suspect work
> fine, and that I will now use, but it would be nice if building a
> kernel was easy enough that most people could do it.

If I find the time (which is in short supply unfortunately :-(),
I will give current CVS a try.

HTH,
Karsten
--