Re: question cross-compiler

Thomas Horsten wrote:

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Brian Murphy wrote:

I have just compiled a mips64-linux toolchain with the attached makefiles
(you just need to say it's for mips64-linux in Makefile.defs).
However it gives a lot of warnings when you try to compile 64 bit and it
seems to be configured for 32 bit despite the 64 in the name. To get 64
bit longs you need to give -mabi=64 on the commandline.

Have you managed to run anything 64bit on a Masquerade Pro? If so, what
kernel?

// Thomas

No I tried and failed. The combination of a dodgy toolchain a dodgy kernel (2.5) and the fact that nothing 64 bit has ever been run on the masquerade made me give up. I can't see that there is any point in running 64 bit on this machine anyway, what would I gain? The only reason I tried was because all the development
on 2.5 is on 64 bit (big-endian) mips.

/Brian