[OT] SCSI disk for SGI Indy

Hello dear list members,

I'm successfully running Debian/GNU Linux on my SGI Indy R4600PC for
nearly one year now. This machine acts as mail/web/shell (-> nethack)
server for a few users and is very stable (crashed only once most
probably because of ipv6). As the disk in this machine is quite small
(2 gigabyte) I'm planning a diskupgrade.
Ok, all i know is the SCSI controller supports narrow 50 pin SCSI-2
drives. Question:
a) Is it possible to use 68 pin ultra SCSI drives with a 68 pin to 50
pin adapter? Like let's say the barracuda 36ES2 [0]?
b) Is it possible to use lvd drives (u2w, u160, u320) with the
apropriate adapter? These drives are a lot cheaper than the above.

If any of these question have positive answers, what should the
termination of the drive be (like now without termination?)?

Thank you for your attention,

mic

[0]
http://www.seagate.com/cda/products/discsales/marketing/detail/0,1081,508,00.html

--
> Please specifically define where data goes that is sent to /dev/null
[...]
Answer 2.  All the data goes into another dimension, and comes out of
/dev/random.            Stephen Montgomery-Smith on freebsd-hackers